- Individual counseling
- Group counseling – sex addicts, partners of sex addicts, recovering couples, substance/alcohol abuse.
- Couples counseling – Most partners feel betrayed and emotionally abandoned by their spouse’s sexual activities and other addictive tendencies, whether or not actual person to person contact has occurred. Rebuilding trust takes time, many months, even up to 5 years.
- 12 Step support groups for sex addicts, drug and alcohol addicts, partner/family
An Integrated Treatment Model
- Harm Reduction or Abstinence – Stages of Change
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – affect regulation, correcting cognitive distortions, relapse prevention, victim empathy, aversion therapy, covert desentization, orgasmic reconditioning
- Psycho-educational – intimacy and emotional socialization, healthy sexuality, social skills training
- Genogram/Family system review – shame reduction, grieving the losses; schemas
- Psychodynamic & EMDR – Journey to healthy adulthood – childhood trauma processing, positive attachment, developmental catch-up, integration, self acceptance